De IEC 61511 schrijft voor dat er op bepaalde momenten binnen een functional safety project diverse Functional Safety Assessments (FSA) gehouden dienen te worden. In de SIS safety life-cycle zoals hieronder weergegeven worden 5 verschillende stages benoemd.
- Stage 1 – After the H&RA has been carried out, the required protection layers have been identified and the SRS has been developed.
- Stage 2 – After the SIS has been designed.
- Stage 3 – After the installation, pre-commissioning and final validation of the SIS has been completed and operation and maintenance procedures have been developed.
- Stage 4 – After gaining experience in operating and maintenance.
- Stage 5 – After modification and prior to decommissioning of a SIS.
Hierbij is het van belang dat de FSA door een (in voldoende mate) onafhankelijk en competent team uitgevoerd wordt. De IEC 61511 noemt hierover:
184.108.40.206.2 The membership of the FSA team shall include at least one senior competent person not involved in the project design team (for stages 1, 2 and 3) or not involved in the operation and maintenance of the SIS (for stages 4 and 5).
Het uiteindelijke doel is om te controleren of alle relevante stappen uit de SIS safety life-cycle zijn doorlopen alvorens gevaren te introduceren in de installatie.
220.127.116.11.5 Prior to the hazards being present the FSA team shall undertake functional safety assessment(s) and shall confirm:
• the H&RA has been carried out;
• the recommendations arising from the H&RA that apply to the SIS have been implemented or resolved;
• project design change procedures are in place and have been properly implemented;
• the recommendations arising from any FSA have been resolved;
• the SIS is designed, constructed and installed in accordance with the SRS, any differences having been identified and resolved;
• the safety, operating, maintenance and emergency procedures pertaining to the SIS are in place;
• the SIS validation planning is appropriate and the validation activities have been completed;
• the employee training has been completed and appropriate information about the SIS has been provided to the maintenance and operating personnel;
• plans or strategies for implementing further FSAs are in place.
Consiltant BV heeft ervaring in het uitvoeren van Functional Safety Assessments. Voor meer informatie kunt u contact met ons opnemen.
Tevens kunt u bij onze tools een SIS life-cycle checklist vinden om te gebruiken binnen Functional Safety projecten.